Monday, January 01, 2007

What's on the Menu?

This morning Jim decided he wanted to eat a "real" breakfast. He had:

1/4 cup Cheerios soaked in 1/4 cup milk for 45 minutes.
Add 1/4 thoroughly mascerated banana
Stir and mash well to mix.
Eat.

For lunch he decided on:
1/2 c chicken vegetable soup
Whirl in blender until completely ground and reduced to runny pulp.
Eat.

For dinner:
1/4 c mashed potatoes
3 T gravy
Mix thoroughly until soupy.
Eat.

It's not what I would have chosen, but I am thrilled that he has been able to choke this down. This is the beginning of the New Year's Resolution to EAT!

I, on the other hand, have been the recipient of the generosity of my neighbor. Yesterday she came bearing home-made tamales, and tonight it was shrimp spring rolls. I do not have to grind up or mascerate anything. Beautiful food has been offered as a "get well" token, for which I am deeply grateful. All I do is stir-fry a bunch of veggies and I'm set. In addition, the freezer is full of the overflow.

We had a very quiet New Year's Day. The weather is bright and sunny; by this time last year Davisites had already had two months of steady rain. Jim trimmed the wisteria and I got the house back into some semblance of order after the visit from the family. We are both looking forward to a new year without any shocking revelations or diagnoses; we've had enough of those.

We hope the same for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home