Thursday, January 31, 2008

still crazy after all these years


Wednesday was our 44th wedding anniversary. Much can happen in 44 years. Much has. My mother never told me how difficult marriage can be. Nor did my father. That may say something about their 40+ year relationship. But I'm here to tell you . . . well, never mind.

To celebrate this momentous occasion we drove into Manzanillo to check on the particulars of our impending tile delivery. Yes, everything was in order for Friday's delivery. Yes, it had all arrived in the warehouse from Mexico City. You want to change grout color? No problem. (I didn't.) You want to exchange green tiles for blue tiles? (I did.)

Then it was off to do a bit of marketing at the gigantic new big box WalMart. There were more gringos in there than Mexicans, and the variety of the products available told the story. Wonderful boutique cheeses, huge wine selection, good-looking toilet seats (toilet seats??? yes, I need to buy two new ones and well-made ones are hard to find).

To lunch at La Posada again, to sit in that lovely dining room and watch the sparkling sea roll on. Very relaxing, tasty as usual. The Patient decided he would try his favorite pork sandwich. He hasn't been willing to attempt it until now and he did a fine job; cleaned his plate. Of course it took him an hour to get it down, but what's the hurry?

Then back home. The above photo is of my anniversary gift. A receipt for the toll on the fast road. Isn't it romantic?

1 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

Wow, congrats on 44 years! I think the parental units hinted that a long marriage was a rough go, but we thought we would do it right (better). I remember the roses and champagne from last year ~ better even than a trip to Wal-Mart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home