Tuesday, January 22, 2008

a slow day on the reporting front

While waiting for the window guy to show up (en la manaña can mean any time between 8 and 12), I scrolled through my Italy photos and came across these from the apartment in Vicenza. I believe I mentioned the puzzle of dish washing and dish draining. On our last trip two years ago I could find no place in that lovely little kitchen to drain just-washed dishes. It was not until the apartment in Barcelona that I figured it out. This trip, I knew what to expect. It is a brilliant system. Here’s the way it works.

What you have here is your basic “Sink with Dirty Dishes” still life.

The dishes get washed and go here:

Above the sink are a couple of wire shelves that hold the clean dishes. The water drips down into a removable tray under the bottom drain shelf. (The topmost shelf is for storage.) You simply slide the tray out and dump the water in the sink.


Then, dishes done, it looks like this. Is that clever or what?

As I say, I didn’t discover this clever mode of dish washing/storage until Spain when I opened a cupboard looking for glasses and saw they were in a wire mesh cage. Hummm, I thought. I wonder if this serves some purpose. The penny dropped, the light bulb went on, and I marveled at the ingenuity of this set-up! It also answered the question of why I couldn’t find any of those plastic dish drainers we have. I like their method better.


NEWS FLASH #1! I'm back on the internet at home. Thank you, JN!!

NEWS FLASH #2! The ventana installer did not show up today. Again, manaña. Well, this is Mexico, after all.

1 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

Oh, what an ingenious system!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home