Tuesday, October 07, 2008


getting ready for the town hall debate


The chap who cleans our carpets arrived bright and early this morning. Yesterday we spent moving furniture out of three rooms ~ everything else is now tile, thank heaven ~ into the front patio. He started at 8 o'clock and was done by 10 am. It looks beautiful. I decided to do this now in case Belmont University has a mechanical failure and tonight's debate has to be moved west. If so, I'm ready.

All the conventional wisdom says this format is not Obama's strongest. We'll see. I am hoping it will be a substantive debate, not mere finger pointing and mud slinging. With the economy down the drain, health care a mess, education in need of salvation, who talked to whom over the past 20 years is totally irrelevant. I thought guilt by association was quashed with the Army-McCarthy hearings. McCain's numbers are falling daily, even in key red states. The hate and fear tactics are the actions of a desperate campaign. And I fear it's going to get worse. I find it telling that Palin is not living up to her "There you go again, Joe, bringing up the past" remark in the Veep debate. Am I the only one who has noticed this?

So folks, gather round your flat screen TV, get your six-pack nice and cold, and hang on to your hat. It's could be a bumpy night.

2 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

No fireworks, alas. Even Pat Buchanan kept saying, "Obama just LOOKS Presidential". And acts it too. I hate the "my friends" McCain line, can't someone tell him to stop that?

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger The Fevered Brain said...

There was a poll on yesterday morning's Daily Kos that asked how many times McCain would say "My friends." The winning number was "More than 25." I think made it! The worst moment: when he referred to Obama as "That man." I was stunned. Has anyone jumped all over him about that? I haven't seen anything yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home