Sunday, February 15, 2009

how many tea lights . . .


. . . does it take to keep the casa romantically lit after dark? Twenty holders with tea lights that last two nights each. That's 60 candles per week. We are here for 22 weeks, or 134 nights. That's 1320 tea lights. At 100 tea lights per package, I need to bring down 14 packages, or maybe 15 to allow for duds. We do have electricity, yes, but candles are so, ummm, flattering. And where is the nearest IKEA? Probably Phoenix or Tucson or even San Diego. I have never seen good tea lights in any of the stores. Perhaps in San Miguel. We're going up next month for a week; I'll check it out. We're going to run out in about 3 weeks at this rate. Perhaps I'll cut back a bit. Everyone else is doing without things. Tea lights every night could be my personal sacrifice.

1 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

Wonderful, this made me smile early on a rainy Tuesday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home