Thursday, May 21, 2009

off again

I am leaving today for San Diego and a round of alumni follies at my old boarding school in La Jolla. This year's honorees, among others, will be the Gold and Purple team captains, of which I was one. Every member of the school belonged to one or the other team (Gold for me) and in my senior year, I led my stalwart classmates to a resounding rout of "That Other Team." In fact, I am staying with the Purple captain who was my adversary that year. If you don't hear from me again you'll know where to start the investigation.

BLOG ALERT: Grandson Andrew leaves tomorrow for a 7-month stay in China. He goes first to Shanghai where he has a summer internship. In September he will travel to Singapore where he will enroll in university for the first semester of his junior year. Back to the US sometime in December. He has started a blog; keep up with him at Andrew Abroad. He made the top of the masthead to your right. I can't believe his mother is letting him go off alone like this. He's only 12, isn't he? Oh, 20 you say? My, my.

More from La Jolla as the weekend passes. I just got a call asking me if I would speak tonight about what it meant to be the Gold Captain and how sports influenced my life. I'm speechless.

1 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger ddmichel said...

I am having blog withdrawls, hope you are posting soon!! And that you had a great trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home