Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Sunday Funnies

If one were to grade Jim's days, I would give this one a "C". Yesterday was probably a "B+" for most of the day. He felt good this morning, less good as the day progressed, and pretty bad late in the day. These fluctuations are to be expected. The doc did say 10 days to two weeks before things begin to turn around. It is been only five days so we have quite a ways to go.

I managed to get in an early morning walk. It was foggy and damp out here in South Davis this morning, but that did not deter me. Then I celebrated a very important birthday with a friend. She is turning 70, although, believe me, she looks about 45! We had a lovely breakfast together, got caught up on gossip and family news. A nice break.

I went to see The Queen this afternoon. Not the old gal herself, but Helen Mirren. What a tour de force for that remarkable actress. I believed it from the opening scene when she looks into the camera with a frank, royal gaze. I liked James Cromwell (Prince Philip) in Babe better; much more sympathetic! The film brought back memories of that stunning event in 1997. The fatal accident of Princess Diana coincided with the death of one of my friends, Elaine, in a private plane accident in Canada at the end of July of that year. As I watched the film, I was transported back to that sad time.

Tonight is the final episode of Prime Suspect on PBS, starring the queen. Or is it Helen Mirren?

Jim did not nap today so that means no evening stroll. Tomorrow I must contact the doctor about the continuing swelling in his feet, ankles and legs. Perhaps another blood test is needed to see how his kidneys are doing. Every day is a new adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home