Sunday, September 16, 2007

culture glut

First there was the trip to San Francisco to the SFMOMA. Then last night there was the bi-annual Art Auction at the beautiful Pence Gallery downtown. The place was packed, the walls were covered with tempting things, including a signed poster by Wayne Thiebaud, a Roy DeForest I wanted to bid on but couldn't find the deed to the house to back up my bid, and a couple of Richard Croziers. I finally ended up buying one piece of Crozier's work. When I get it framed and ready I'll post it.

Now as if all of that culture weren't enough, this afternoon I am going to hear Chanticleer at the Mondavi Center. The first time I heard them was at Davies Symphony Hall in San Francisco many, many years ago. Since then I have collected their CDs but have not had the chance to hear them in person.

I am filling up on all this good spirit food in preparation for the long drought during our Mexican sojourn. That special place has much to recommend it and much food for the soul, but it never hurts to put something away for a dry spell.

1 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

Your readers are awaiting your review...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home