Thursday, September 13, 2007

a day in the city

I went to San Francisco today to see the Matisse show at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. Not only is this a wonderful art venue, very conducive to museum wanderings, but the shows themselves are so exciting. This particular group of show ends on Sunday and I didn't want to miss them. Exhibits included Matisse: Painter as Sculptor and a photograph exhibit titled Martin Munkácsi (1896-1963): Think While you Shoot. Both Henri Cartier-Bresson and Richard Avedon give Munkácsi credit for inspiring them in their careers.

Then to one of my favorite post-SFMOMA spots for lunch: LuLu's. I was hoping to get their delicious sautéed brussel sprouts with capers but since they are of the opinion that sprouts are not now in season, I had to settle for grilled mussels and a glorious salad of heirloom tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. This is basically a caprese salad, but since LuLu isn't Italian, they call it something else.

The city? Perfect weather, lots of bustle and noise. Just the way a beautiful city should be. I can see why people wouldn't dream of living anywhere else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home