Thursday, September 06, 2007

a really good movie

Being housebound today I devoted my time to movie watching. Not a bad occupation as things go. First I watched "Notes on a Scandal". This is a first rate film with extraordinary performances from all the cast, but especially Judi Dench and Cate Blanchette. Dench is so sly; Blanchette is so needy and unsuspecting. It's always a treat to see a movie made for a grown-up audience.

Then I watched the first four episodes of "Murder One: Season Two." Some years ago we watched the original "Murder One" faithfully; nothing was allowed to interfere with our Monday night's viewing of Daniel Benzali as the fearsome Teddy Hoffman. I was unaware that a second season had been made until my sister told me. I thought the first season was so classy and different, with some good performances by, among others, Stanley Tucci who was so wonderful in :"Big Night" and "The Devil Wears Prada" among other things. But this second season with Anthony LaPaglia as the lead leaves much to be desired so I have cancelled my Flix® order and will move on to something else. I think "Ray" comes next .

Think about this from Robert Pirsig, the author of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: "I think metaphysics is good if it improves everyday life; otherwise forget it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home