Saturday, November 24, 2007

anatomy of a departure

I have been so busy here in San Diego and remiss about connecting my own computer.  No photos this time.  I will wait until I get things set up at home in Mexico.  Suffice it to say we had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family, the visit with Ruby being the highlight of the trip.


I refer you this photo of our adorable little girl taken two years ago at Thanksgiving. The new photo I will put up will show what a difference two years can make in a girl's life!

The last two days have been spent rearranging the car, repacking suitcases, off-loading things to leave behind until we return, including all the European wardrobe that will be much too hot for the beach.  

Last night the four of us - sister, brother-in-law, the Patient and I - settled down to watch "Anatomy of a Murder". You may recall that we stumbled on this movie in Italian. It's better in English. I kept falling asleep so excused myself and while the others enjoyed this fine courtroom drama, I slept. 

Today I treated myself to a manicure and pedicure, then had a wonderful lunch with long-time friend and high school classmate at Il Fornaio in Coronado. It is warm, clear and bright here, a beautiful day to sit at bayside, watch the sailboats skimming along the water, and catch up with a fine friend. I grew up in Coronado at a time when there was no bridge; to get to San Diego you either took the ferry or drove down the strand through Imperial Beach then up the other side into San Diego.  Now the ferries are gone and drivers either use a bridge.  The strand is still there, now chock-a-block with high-rise condos on the ocean side and two or three up--scale gated communities on the bay side.   I remember when . . . oh, never mind.

Tomorrow morning early we will take off for Mexico.  Unless I can find a wi-fi connection, the next message will come from Cuyutlán on, perhaps, Friday.  Until then, adios.


1 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

Hurry ~ your readers need news of sunny, colorful Mexico!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home