Sunday, March 30, 2008

lying low for the weekend


As sometimes happens, I have developed a couple of nasty blisters on my feet. This is not a good thing for a diabetic. I haven't had problems for about three years so I guess it must be my turn. Along with antibiotic dressings and careful monitoring, I have spent the weekend with my feet up. Well, almost. But it wasn't very hard.

Saturday morning was the Metropolitan Opera, Verdi's Ernani this week. It's next week I'm waiting for ~ La Bohme. I missed the archive broadcast of Pavarotti's performance so this one will have to suffice.

Saturday afternoon I finished up Chronicle of a Death Foretold which I had read some years ago. It remains a most elegant little literary gems.

At 4 PM Patti arrived to give me a lovely massage to relieve the aches, pains and stress of living in the tropics.

This morning, with Glenn Gould snorting his way through Bach's Goldberg Variations (you really can hear him huffing and groaning) I sat at the table with my dominoes spread out in front of me practicing the art of building a playable hand. Sometimes it is simply impossible; no matches. Other times it all falls into place very easily.

Meanwhile, while noodling on the computer, the Patient found a terrific photo editing program that's free. It's called Picnik. Easy to use, has more bells and whistles than the program built into the Mac. Give it a try.

3 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

Sorry about the feet, but it sounds like a v. nice weekend anyway. I have heard of Piknik and it has a good reputation, but I've not used it myself. It is cold here in SF this morning, but not raining.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Chocolate Lily said...

Sorry to hear about the foot. Be careful with it. I was also just told of a second photo editing program that is supposedly superior to both Mac's and Photoshop. However, I cannot personally attest to it. It's called GIMP! If anyone tries it, let me know.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Linda Davick said...

Express, another free photo editing program just came out by Adobe, maker of Photoshop:
https://www.photoshop.com/express/landing.html
Wonder how it compares.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home