Friday, August 29, 2008

i missed the big one


We were out to dinner last night and I missed Obama's speech. By all reports, however, he hit it out of the park. Even the tightie righties thought so. Our evening with niece Erin and her husband Wes was absolutely delightful. I can replay the speech but the evening was a once-only event!

Another cool day here in Columbus. It appears that we will not be going down to the farm on this trip; not enough time. We're off to Pittsburgh early tomorrow morning, back on Monday, pack-up on Tuesday and fly home on Wednesday.

But no visit to Columbus would be complete without a trip to the local Thrift Store. This is the best place ever! I scored big; five shirts, two skirts for me, pair of pants for the Patient. Total tab - $24. This includes a dynamite linen tunic shirt that has Mexico in its future.

5 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

Sorry you missed the big event last night, but it sounds like you had a great time and that thrift store ~ wowza, what fun! I'm now a BIG Obama ~Biden fan...

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

Sheesh, I"m so busy learning about Ms. Palin that I'm screwing up your blog. Sorry, I am a techno dunce today...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home