Thursday, September 25, 2008

this man gives me hope


I must confess that I was, until last night, a Hillary Hanger-on. I was still having trouble letting go of her candidacy. But after watching this I jumped whole heartedly onto the Barak Bandwagon. His press conference about the (a) economic situation and the (b) proposed cancellation of Friday's debate was brilliant. Everything about him ~ grasp of issues, temperament, body language, attention to questions and willingness to answer in complete sentences (wouldn't THAT be a nice change!), the tone of his voice, his reassuring manner ~ won me over. This man is presidential.

The contrast between the guy who's in ~ as seen in last night's address to the nation ~ and this guy who wants to get in was stark. No more doubts.

*****************************************************
POSTSCRIPT: Just saw this photo.

"Who is that guy and what's he doing in my seat?"

1 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

Thanks for this, I missed it! I so agree, we finally have a statesman who will be president. So impressive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home