Tuesday, October 14, 2008

how was your Monday?


Mine was spent in the ER at Kaiser. A combination of low BP, high pulse rate, dizziness over the past several days led me (and my doc) to the conclusion that I should get checked out. So off I went, prepared to stay overnight if necessary. I am mightily impressed by how that ER works; no time wasted, everyone knows her/his job and does it well. Efficient, informed, attentive. I had an EKG, was hooked up to a heart monitor, had a battery of blood tests, a chest X-ray, talked to the doc on call. The end result is that they have no idea what's going on. Suggestions included some meds I am taking and not getting enough fluids. (The current election race was not considered a factor.) They let me let me come home, but on Thursday I return to the hospital to get a heart monitor to wear for 2 days to see if that can pick up changes in heart rate and pulse and shed any light on this problem. Meanwhile, I take my BP regularly, drink lots of water, and breathe deeply. And I should probably stop reading so much about the election.

2 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

Separate email to follow ~ I will say that I mentioned to Husbando this week that we must have strong hearts to weather this horrid financial mess and subsequent personal $$$$$ loss. I do benefit from yoga ~ have you tried?

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger The Fevered Brain said...

Yes, I do yoga AND get massage AND throw back the odd glass of wine. Doesn't help the bank account but makes me feel better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home