Monday, November 03, 2008

the fire is so delightful


Another cool, wet day. Another cheery fire that I can see as I prop myself up in bed, sip some herb tea and finish off The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. You'd think I didn't have a care in the world. Not so. I am consumed with anxiety over tomorrow's election. I have done what I could to make this miracle happen. The rest is up to the other good voters of the nation. Now all we can do is wait and watch and keep our fingers crossed. My hope is that the margin of victory will be wide enough that we, as a country, will not have to live through days of law suits and hanging chads. Again.

My sympathy and prayers go out to Obama and his family at the death of his grandmother today. She raised a fine grandson, president-elect or not.


Tomorrow is the election. Don't forget to vote, early and often!

2 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

I brought home the Tattoo Girl and am hooked after the first chapter ~ thanks again. Your fireplace is glorious...

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home