Monday, December 22, 2008

dressing up for Christmas


I know you can't tell, but those lights strung along the front balcony are actually little pink flamingos. I usually don't do lights in the front ~ only up on the 3rd floor in the "party pavilion," but Gina gave these to me in keeping with other flamingos we have planted around the garden. I strung together some extension cordsl, draped them around the pillars and hurricanes, and there they are, a cheerful greeting for the season. Because of the upstairs lights people driving by do slow down; they think it's a night club or a lap dancing establishment. No, just our humble beach shack.

Tiangues this morning, followed by bean tacos and Negro Modelo, followed by a long nap. Perfect Monday.

Readers' alert: Ian McEwan's old novel, The Innocent. I had never heard of this one. Dread-full. He does psychological tension better than anyone.

29 days until 1/20/2009: End of an Error

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home