Saturday, January 17, 2009

it wasn't Puccini . . .

Today was one of the warmest, prettiest days since we've been here. Perfect laundry day: on by nine, hung in the drying yard by 10, folded and stored by noon! Even the pool at Jack's had warmed up to 84ยบ plus.

After my (weekly!) massage I tuned in to the Met's production of "Dr. Atomic." As I said above, it wasn't Puccini. I gave up after only half an hour. Instead, I dove into my iTunes library and came up with "Turandot" with Joan Sutherland and Luciano. Now that's Puccini!

Fernando and his mozo finished up the week's work at 1 PM this afternoon. Next week begins the painting. The materials will be ready for pick up on Monday morning ~ after the market. He's starting on the dark color ~ Cocoon ~ in the back. Then the overhang structure gets rebuilt. Then the rest of the painting.

Off to a dinner party tonight; it's Luly's birthday. There will be lots of folks, good food, live music, dancing. The Patient and I will probably be tucked up here by 10 PM while the rest keep at it far into the night. Ah, the joys (and wisdom) of old age.

New book: "Blue Hearts" by Jim Lehrer. Something light for the weekend.


3 days until 1/20/2009: End of an Error

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home