Saturday, January 10, 2009

here's what i missed

This is Magda's Act 1 aria, probably the most famous piece of "La Rondine", sung by Teresa Stratas. (You can also hear it sung by Renee Fleming, Anna Moffo and others on the YouTube site.) The internet was down when the opera came on so I missed it. I finally got back on line an hour into the performance, but the rest was superb.


Next week is Dr. Atomic, the new opera about J. Robert Oppenheimer and the development of the atomic bomb at the Manhattan Project. Great cast of characters: Oppenheimer, Edward Teller, Leslie Groves, among others. Sure to be a hit. No pun intended.

So, you ask, what did you do with the coleslaw that wasn't edible? I made a black bean salad with diced onion, tomato and cilantro. I mixed in the slaw. Delicious. The crunch of cabbage with the heat of bean salad. As for the fish, I'll either make a fish stew, adding some shrimp, or toss it. I hate to waste food but this stuff was really bad.



10 days until 1/20/2009: End of an Error

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home