Saturday, January 03, 2009

the joys of saturday

First thing this morning Neighbor Nelson rang the bell to (a) announce his and Carol's arrival for the season, and (b) to deliver my undies left behind in November. I am now awash in lingerie.

After that the Patient went up town to buy some shredded beef tacos from Pepe, the chap who is here only on Saturday mornings. They are well worth the wait. We will have them for dinner, served with plenty of green salsa and cold Indio.

At 11 AM Patti arrived to give me a wonderful massage, easing away all those tensions of sloth. Perhaps I am feeling guilty at so much do-nothing and hence am tense? I doubt it.

Starting at noon I sobbed my way through a thrilling Franco Zeffirelli production of La Bohème from the Met.  This production was in Italian. I prefer it in French; Mimi doesn't die. Or does she? My French is a bit rusty these days.

The rest of the day was spent reading "The 19th Wife" by David Ebershoff. Interesting story and even more interesting is the author's style of storytelling.


18
days until 1/20/2009: End of an Error

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home