Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Frustration Management

I have been trying to get back onto this %*#^& blog site since Sunday afternoon. The Google folks have been dicking around with the Blogger business for many, many days if not weeks. I decided that it was time to switch (or be dropped) from the old format to the new, and when I did so, all hell broke loose. I have been navigating my way back through cyberspace ever since. I have finally made it, but have no assurance I will ever be back once I leave.

The next frustration experience has been with the bank in Mexico to pay our trust fees. Their toll-free number in Florida does not exist, the toll-free number in Mexico does not exist. Emails have been returned. The bank agent with whom we deal does not return email messages or phone calls. I know Mexico is in a political uproar but this is ridiculous. It's going to be easier just to let the bank move into the house and forget about it.

Then there is the frustration of Jim's very, very slow recovery. I realized on Monday as I was going about various chores that I was again gritting my teeth so tightly that my face and neck were aching. I have caught myself at this many times over the past few months, including waking in the night because of pain. This ordeal is catching up with me. I have become housebound; I don't go to movies, to hear music, to local lectures. I have begun to lose touch with the world. My attention, my focus, my energy is on getting Jim through each day so that at the end of it we see some progress. Some days we are rewarded; others we are not. On Monday he ate a boiled egg mashed up with some mayo. But yesterday he couldn't eat anything, not even ReddiWip. Today he wants me to make a turkey meat loaf. Why not! It is a roller coaster, both physically and emotionally. We need to get to the house in Mexico before the bank does!

I saw this remarkable video some time ago but never got around to posting. Then saw it again a couple of days ago and was reminded to share it. Enjoy! It is Jerome Murat and is called Les Deux TĂȘtes.

1 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

Thanks for the warning, I was sort of considering whatever that blogger update is, but no longer. My thoughts are with you today ~ thanks for such an honest post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home