Monday, February 05, 2007

Beach Sunsets





I told you I would show you the sunsets I captured while in Long Beach over the weekend. Here they are. It was so lovely to stand on the sand and watch the sun sink into the sea. No green flash however.

Likewise, here is a picture of my dear, dear uncle, the last of a fine octet that included my mother. Now I am well aware that almost nobody reading this blog gives a fig about who this delightful man is, but I give not only a fig but the entire fig tree. So I include him as an example of a truly good man; kind, loyal, faithful, generous, loving, smart, and best of all, very, very funny. A consumate raconteur.

Now let's consider the Patient. Better every day. Today he ate quite a bit, although he is still dependent on the liquid supplements. I know he is trying valiantly to get as many calories as possible by mouth so he doesn't have to fuss with the feeding tube and the cans, but it's clear he is not going to be 100% by the time we leave. We'll just pile several cartons of liquid in the car and make the best of it. His vanity says he won't appear in a bathing suit during our stay, but in reality I know he will. Heck, these folks are almost family. In fact a couple of them have called to inquire just exactly when we are coming and won't we please hurry up and get there and things just aren't the same without us, etc. The latter may not be altogether a bad thing . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home