Monday, January 29, 2007

The Anniversary Gift

Today the Patient and I celebrate our 43rd year of wedded bliss. Seems like only yesterday . . . No, actually it doesn't. It has been, most assuredly, a long and winding road. Sounds like a good lyric to me. But this anniversary is the best we've ever had. The Patient received the results of his CT scan this morning. All clear! What's supposed to be gone is gone; what's left will either clear up or is harmless. The swelling in his face and neck will "probably" subside over time. What more could we possibly ask for?

As if that were not enough, my good old reliable Toyota (circa 1990) passed her smog test. Then I went up to Sacramento to get the glucometer disconnected. I am now reduced to only one bodily plug-in. This has been an all-around red-letter day!

To celebrate all of this good news and good fortune I stopped by the local wine shop and bought a hideously expensive bottle of French champagne and a big bunch of red tulips to gift the Patient (and myself, of course!). The Patient was, unfortunately, unable to drink much of the bubbly so I was forced to finish it up, not wanting it to go flat. For the occasion we dragged out our beautiful Baccarat glasses that we bought for our 15th anniversary when we had some loose cash and decided to put our money where our mouths might end up.

To all who have been reading this blog about our journey from sickness to health and have lit candles, sent good karma out for the Patient and for me, and who have kept in touch, I cannot thank you enough Your energy for him has paid off big time. Your vigils have kept me going through what has been a very scary time. But we have passed through it and are now on the other side. We can actually look to the future and make wild, exotic plans. What fun! Merci.

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Pica said...

Congratulations to you both! May 2007 bring much better health all round!

Hugs.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

Oh, this post made my day! Congrats on your anniversary and the wonderful health news for the Patient. Yeah ~ I can't stop smiling.
mary ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home