Thursday, January 18, 2007

La Femme de Ménage

Do you dust? I remember dusting. My mother used to dust or, more likely, hire someone to do it. Today I decided to dust. Then I moved on to scrubbing, mopping and Windex-ing. I don't know what came over me but it's done and about time, I might add. I should do this more often. Or hire someone . . .

The Patient has developed a mysterious swelling on his neck. During the day, it looks like he has a goiter under his chin. A mega double chin. But in the morning this swelling is more around his ears and under his jaw line. This obviously has something to do with gravity; when he sleeps it dissipates. When he is "upright" it concentrates around his chin. The tissue is soft and spongy, not like a tumor. We will put this to the doc next week. Every day something new.

Tonight the Patient ate some macaroni and cheese (thank you Stouffers), some steamed carrots with ginger (thank you Susan), some other noodles with an Alfredo sauce and cardboard chicken (I don't know who to thank for this), some Mott's applesauce. More each day. We got a phone call from a friend at the beach and I think this spurred him on to EAT!

This web site has a fantastic ad that has appeared in the UK for Honda. Enjoy! Honda

And I leave you tonight with a beautiful picture taken by daughter Caitlin during a weekend in Yellowstone National Park, in deep winter.

3 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Pica said...

I DO dust. I used not to, but with two cats in the house and the world's largest collection of spiders I thought I'd better take it up. I have a good ostrich-feather duster (Target) and a telescoping acrylic bog-brush arrangement for the high ceiling. And I do a maximum of ten minutes a week. I try also to do a minimum of ten minutes a week, which more or less keeps me on top of it...

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

I finally got to actually open that Honda ad ~ many thanks. And we both dust, this is the week for that, by the way.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent photo by Caitlin. How long did she have to wait for that view?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home