Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The (Pity) Party's Over

I've recovered from my last post's self-indulgence. Onward! After all, I am NOT the one who has had his body destroyed. I am NOT the one who cannot eat. I am NOT the one whose hair has fallen out -- although it is growing back in. I am only the one who had to watch it happen.

Here's something too look forward to. The UC Davis Design Museum has a new show, Encountering Textiles. That ought to get me out of the house. In addition, one of my favorite political scientists from the big U is speaking about California politix next week. I have it on the calendar and will go.

I have done absolutely nothing today except lounge around waiting for my blood sugar to go down. For unknown reasons it soared (dare I say "surged"? It's going to be everybody's least favorite word after tonight.) this morning and I've spent the day monitoring it. Stress, she wrote.

And while I have been languishing on my fainting couch, Jim has been bustling around in the kitchen. He made himself pancakes today. Well, he made a sea of batter and cooked one little 4" pancake. We have enough left for several feeds. And HE decided to make the meatloaf using dried porcini mushrooms and various and sundry other magical ingredients. He's getting back in the swing of things. Goodie for me. He also noted that his throat was no as sore today which may be how he was able to eat foods with slightly more bulk. We'll see how the eating of this concoction goes. And let's see if he can swallow W's message tonight. It will probably slide right down!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home