Monday, January 15, 2007

The Editorial I

Here's what I should have said about the Dreamgirls cast: They are so talented it's criminal not that "they are criminally talented". Syntax, syntax, syntax. I hope Miss Parker is not reading this. Doubtful; she would be about 125 years old by now.

Then there is the following from a book I am reading, The Moscow Club by Joseph Finder. In describing a character, the author says that "he had a thick head of grey hair." Is this man stupid, as in he has a thick head, or does he have thick grey hair?

Obviously I didn't have enough to do today.

No Ernie report tonight. I'll know more tomorrow when I see Ernie's temporal caretaker. As for the Patient, every day in every way he's getting better and better.

1 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Pica said...

I went! To Dreamgirls yesterday! You were not overstating it, Susan. Such an incredible cast, particularly the actress playing Ellie. Wow what a voice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home