Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Ernie Chronicles



Here is the ailing Ernie, hard at work, as usual. I saw him yesterday; still pretty perky, having shaken off his weekend lassitude. Reports are that he has been eating and drinking (Oh, Ernie!) and is tending to cat affairs.

Yesterday, as threatened, I went to hear the talk about California politics by Ed Costantini (Google him and see what you get. Pages and pages of stuff!). He is an emeritus but is right in the middle of things nonetheless. It was great to see him strut his stuff. His topic was why he thought the Democrats were goners in CA after the 1992 election, and why he was soooo wrong. Confession is good for the soul. I have known Ed for more than 30 years and he continues to be one of the most delightful and astute political analysts around.

This afternoon I spent 1 1/2 hours with my doctor talking about (a) why I have lost so much weight; (b) how to put it back on since I have to watch everything I eat so closely; and (c) why my blood sugar numbers have been so high. The consensus? Stress. No shit.

1 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

Tuxedo cats are the best and Ernie is a beauty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home