Monday, January 22, 2007

The Constant Gardner

I should have taken a picture of the Patient up on the ladder pruning the trumpet vine andthe African Honeysuckle. He was busy clipping away with his new shears, and happy to be doing so in the warm winter sunshine. Two more days and all the various shrubs and vines will be clipped and trimmed and ready for their Spring budding. I still have not planted the rose bushes I bought. Perhaps tomorrow.

I took the old reliable Camray (the NO PARIS) to get a smog check today. And what do they tell me? Their machine is out of order. I'll try again later in the week. I have been contemplating replacing the wagon with a smaller "town" car. I have looked at a Mini Cooper, a VW bug, a Toyota Prius . Fortunately I don't have to make up my mind for a few months. We also plan to replace the Toyota van later this year with a newer model. That's one of the reasons we have to get back to the beach. We left one of the back seats there last year and must retrieve it in order to sell. Good motivation.

The Patient's swelling is a bit less today, although he says it has moved down into his neck. His voice is very gravely, more so than in the past. I am hoping Wednesday's doc appointment can offer some explanation. He did eat a good dinner; shrimp in cream sauce over rice and some sautéd veggies. No enough to put any fat on him but enough to see him through the nigh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home