Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Gift from the Garden



This is the first daffodil from the 2007 garden!. And there are lots more coming. A couple of years ago, Robin Gordon, who was living here while we were traipsing around Europe, planted lots of bulbs in both the front and back gardens. This year we get to enjoy the fruits of her labors. I also planted more bulbs and ranunculas in both gardens. The green leaves are popping through. I don't know if we will get to see any blossoms.

In the back I also planted bulbs in a big pot. You can see the very
tips of the green shoots. I'll record the progress of these blooms. I still have to plant my roses. I know, shame on me for waiting so long. The place I want to plant them, though, is cement-hard and since we are expecting rain (yeah, right!) tonight and tomorrow I thought I'd let Mother Nature soften up the ground instead of using a jack hammer. The bare roots have already sprouted tiny pale green leaves so it is TIME to get it done.

Today Jim had his very first massage. I gave up my appointment so he could have some work done on the swelling of his lymph glands. Sheree is trained in lymphatic massage. She worked on him for an hour, trying to get the swelling and puffiness in his neck to subside by stirring up the lymph draining mechanism. She showed me how to do it and suggested that I work on him for an hour a day to get things moving.

This afternoon I watched Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont, an utterly charming and very sentimental movie with Joan Plowright and the divine Rupert Friend. A two box-er.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home