Thursday, February 22, 2007

One day closer

I got a surprise delivery today. I ordered some snazzy plates to take to the beach house; a dozen dinner plates, each a different bright color. I got a card from the vendor saying no delivery until March 3. But there they were today, up at the PO waiting for me. I haven't unpacked them so no photo. But first thing, when I get to my house, a pix for your enjoyment.

The Patient and I took our "To Take" list to various shops today to get things we have decided we just can't live two months without. (This is really embarassing!) We brought home Crystal Lite Tea, yellow bug lights (you can't buy these in Mexico and they are essential), night lights (ditto), a certain luscious lemon cookie I ration out over our stays, Dial Soap, batteries (you can buy them but they don't seem to last very long), tea lights by the 100's. Etc., etc., etc. I have to remind myself that we are only going to be gone a short time, not the usual five months. The Patient also ordered his dietary supplements; we'll take 8 flats - 192 cans. He actually needs about 250 cans, but he can buy something like Ensure or Carnation Instant Breakfast to fill in. Or perhaps eat more? What a great idea.

The morning rainstorm cleared mid-day and we had a sunny afternoon. Everything was nice and fresh after a bit of cleansing moisture.

1 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

These sound like essentials to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home