Thursday, July 05, 2007

Fight the Bite

Inquiring readers want to know: What's the meaning of the sign shown in the Crepe Myrtle picture posted on Tuesday? In case you missed it ~ but eagle-eyed MAS didn't ~ here it is. The Sacramento Valley is home to mosquitoes that carry the West Nile virus. This sign is one of several hung around town in the spring to launch the Fight the Bite campaign. I hope that solves the mystery. Last season I found several dead birds ~ mostly crows ~ in my neighborhood and along one of my walking routes. There were infected mosquitoes in the garden across the street. We take this problem pretty seriously around here.

It's hot again today ~ 104ยบ. I 'm off to spend the afternoon in air-conditioned comfort to watch Ratatouille. Critique to come.

1 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

Thank you ~ now it all makes perfect sense!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home