Sunday, July 15, 2007

raising the dust

Today we spent doing my least favorite chore: housework. Dusting, vacuuming, generally tidying up. Why would I spend a beautiful Sunday doing these terrible duties? Because tomorrow we get new carpet in our bedroom. Last year, due to the water disaster in the living room and guest room, we recarpeted. This year, the big bedroom. But really, after all this cleaning and dusting, I frankly think it's a waste of money. Looks pretty good to me. The Patient disagrees. Besides, it's already been ordered so I guess it's a closed topic. The next step is going to be painting the bedroom and bath. That starts on Wednesday. Before then I have to decide on paint colors. I have a whole handful of paint chips, each about one degree of difference from the next. Decisions.

Another delicious movie tonight. Jules and Jim. Jeanne Moreau was so wonderful to watch again. And I think this is the film that introduced me to Oskar Werner. God! They were all so young and beautiful! A ménage a trois to dream of. I have long thought this was Truffaut's best film, even better than The 400 Blows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home