Monday, October 22, 2007

ieri, oggi e domani

Ieri I finished up "Les Girls" and turned in my Netflix® key, so to speak. You can suspend for only 90 days. When I get back I'll have to start all over again. More packing, some reading ("Grasshopper" by Barbara Vine, aka Ruth Rendell. Light horror.).


Oggi, more packing, cleaning, boxing up and general wheel-spinning. Massage this morning to slow the wheels a bit. The car is so full I'm afraid we won't make it over the Grapevine to LA. One would think we are moving to Nebraska instead of just taking a few necessities for a vacation. The black suitcase on the right is my fully-loaded overseas adventure bag, including the Patient's heavy raincoat. I'm hoping he will need it coming home so there will be room for treasures. (Since I took this photo another suitcase, a box of books, a box of medical supplies, the wonderful plaque I bought for the kitchen which the Patient thought was something else and had no intention to taking, my on-the-road-in-Mexico bag and who knows what else have been added to the load. "Less" is not an operative concept here; more is just that. MORE.)

E domani we take off in the wee hours of the morning for the drive to Long Beach at what I hope will be a reasonable speed given the substantial tonnage added to our usual load. The next addition to this travelogue will be domani from Long Beach or, as they say on the Veneto, Spiaggia Lunga.

1 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

I love Barbara Vine (aka Ruth), even though she is obviously not 100% sane. This is all v. exciting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home