Saturday, April 05, 2008

the opera, the massage, the weather, the paint job

La Boheme is one of my favorite operas and it was presented by the Met today. Everything comes to a standstill while this glorious music fills the house. Unfortunately it is competing with a very loud disco someone has set up in El Faro across the street on the beach. Not easy to ignore. But Puccini can win out if I crank the volume all the way up.

Pati is coming this afternoon to work on all the aches and pains of my bad back. She did wonders last week; I was pretty pain free for almost three days. I'm hoping she can do even more this time.

As for the weather, it's suddenly turned hot. We are getting winds from the south that are hot and dry. Even in the night is has stayed very warm. We have been hesitant to turn on the fan in the living room; the blades and mechanism collect moisture, rust out and, when you start them up, they spray rusty water all over the walls.


I won't allow this on my newly painted wall.


Yes, Fernando finished one wall yesterday afternoon. I didn't want him to do any more until I lived with this color for awhile. I have decided that it looks just like I wanted. it's a warm, light apricot color that changes density as the sun moves across the sky. At night, in candlelight it gives off a gorgeous glow. Now if we can just get the potenciometro (dimmer switch) for the overhead lights it will be perfect.

1 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

This room is too beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home