Thursday, May 15, 2008


what's in the box?

Here's the box:



Here's what's in the box:



It is now a sure bet that this blog will be much, much better, now that I have this fancy machine. I quote the opening line of the book I am now reading, "The Book of Air and Shadows" by Michael Gruber: "Tap-tapping the keys and out come the words on this little screen and who will read them I hardly know." Except this is a BIG screen. And by the way, please don't miss this novel. If you like to read, you'll love this very smart book.

The laptop has been retired into the bedroom where it has been taken over by the Patient for his daily trolling of the internet for strange and interesting blogs and sites, mostly political. I will say no more.

And speaking of the Patient, he got yet a second blue ribbon today from the oncologist. His anemia is still alive and well, but everything else is just fine. Again, free of medical messing around for six months.

We don't get many beautiful urban sunsets, or at least we can't see them, living as we do nestled between same-height houses. But last night's sky was particularly beautiful, what little we could see of it. Not like the beach, but stunning nonetheless.


Strange, these photos are all in the same color palate.

2 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

Oh, beautiful new computer ~ congrats! And I miss that book now that I finished it. Husbando is reading it now and feels the same way we do. Great humor in there too, no?

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger ddmichel said...

I love that computer, it is like the new one I am using at work. It makes my laptop at home seem so dated......good for you! And so glad to hear of the great reports for Jim. Have we officially won the Tonsil War yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home