Wednesday, April 30, 2008

back in the US of A

I've been waiting to hear from the Patient before making a new post. He left Cuyutlán on Sunday for the long haul home. He just called from Arizona, having crossed the border at 9:00 PDT this morning, safe and sound and eager to get home. He said it was an easy trip ~ long but uneventful. Just what I was hoping to hear. He will be in Gila Bend tonight, San Diego tomorrow night, Long Beach on Friday and home on Saturday.
All my worries, at least as far as Mexican police and language difficulties, are over. Now it's just a matter of insane traffic and crowded freeways. At least those are not something a driver has to deal with in Mexico.

Meanwhile, as he has been navigating his way back home I have been navigating my way through getting this place up and running again. I have managed to get through 9 of 24 issues of the New Yorker, keep the leaves and wisteria debris swept up, restock the fridge and larder, dust and vacuum (NOT my favorite chores). The garden loooks pretty good, considering its neglect. I even made a delicious creamy zucchini soup that I will share with two friends tonight. Had a massage, a manicure, got my legs waxed, get my haircut on Monday. It's all part of the tidying up effort!

It's time to get back into the social whirl.

1 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

What a happy post ~ thanks! It was a relief to get the Patient's phone call. We need garden photos...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home