Thursday, April 10, 2008

feliz cumpleaƱos y buen provecho



To celebrate the day the Patient took me out to desayuno at my new favorite spot, Restaurant Caminero. This cool, shaded, leafy spot is just the place to have a lovely breakfast and spend a couple of hours chatting. We sat in one of the little alcove areas in the back where we were visited by this lovely creature, looking for a hand-out.


There are four or five of them who wander around the restaurant, cleaning up under the tables. Then there are the chickens and baby chicks . . . We had a lovely meal ~ the Patient ordered chiliquiles ( he ate every bite), I ordered a mushroom omelet. We lingered for awhile and it was a very enjoyable morning. This looks into the dining room from the front parking. Doesn't it look inviting?


Chuy and Fernando arrived early this morning bearing a huge floral bouquet in honor of the day. Then two more friends arrived this afternoon with floral tributes. The house looks very festive! I am usually down here for my birthday but since I don't count birthdays spent out of the US as part of the age tally, I have managed to keep the numbers under control. Isn't that a great idea?

1 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

Happy, happy b. day! We will celebrate when you are back in the U.S. and how lucky the b.days in Mexico don't count. I love the restaurant and the black & white unit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home