Wednesday, October 15, 2008

the ballot is in the mail


I am a vote-by-mail sort of person. I voted yesterday. I sent off my ballot with the hope that my hopes for my country would be realized. I missed the in-person vote in both 2000 and 2004. Fortunately I managed to cast my vote in 2000 before I was transported off to a wonderful 3 weeks in Paris (I watched the Supreme Court debacle in an apartment in the 5th Arrondisement in Paris, in French). In 2004, we had asked that our ballots be sent to an address in Paris that, unfortunately, had no address delivery available. We never got our ballots so we watched the results on Italian TV in Vicenza. This year we are here to see and hear every last result as it comes over the wire.

As for tonight's "debate", I think McCain tried his best, but Obama bested him at every turn. There is something to be said, in these perilous times, for a person who doesn't lose his cool.

1 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

There is a LOT to be said about a person who doesn't lose his cool! I can not count myself among those people, alas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home