Friday, October 17, 2008

scenes from the political season

The New Yorker Magazine held its annual New York Festival last week. Jeffrey Toobin, legal affairs writer for the magazine, moderated. I offer for your consideration the closing remarks made by Donna Brazile. Her words are those we should consider carefully in these contentious times.

My friend Deborah sent me this photo taken, I believe, after the last debate at Hofstra. Is this for real?


McCain reminds me of that photo of Charlie Chaplin taken by Richard Avedon.



Today's quote, thanks to Erin S.:
“She's governor of a state, mom to five kids, one of whom is 4 months old with Down's syndrome, and dealing with a pregnant teenage daughter. I wouldn't even ask her to bring a salad to a potluck!"

1 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

I like the Erin S. quote a lot ~ and all the other meaty stuff, of course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home