Saturday, November 22, 2008


winter hits the valley . . .


and with it comes the dread fog. Woke up this morning to a wall of it. I couldn't see across the street at 7 AM. It has cleared a bit but still cannot see to the end of our street, 1/2 block away. I hate this stuff, especially since we leave in only three days and this weather pattern is supposed to settle in for several more days. If we get away at 6 AM, we will have nasty driving conditions all the way down to Stockton. You've read about those 200-car pile-ups on fog-bound I-5?


This is what I dread most about driving in this weather. So far we have been very lucky. Let's hope it stays that way.

Meanwhile, preparations for the great escape on Tuesday continue apace. The Patient has taken our prized possessions up to the bank vault. He has started packing the car with the rest of the prized possessions that won't fit in the bank vault. I am moving "to take" piles from one spot to another, dusting and waxing as I go. My "to-do" list is gradually getting shorter. I've abandoned any hope of getting Christmas cards written and ready; you'll just have to have a merry one without any encouragement from me.

58 days until 1/20/2009: End of an Error

1 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

I will offer my agnostic prayers that this fog moves away. Will you have Thanksgiving with your sister? Daughter? I'm thankful that you are back in my life. Drive carefully and write lots and often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home