Tuesday, January 27, 2009

the purple wall

Fernando painted my new purple wall first thing this morning. Every time I look at it I am reminded of our gorgeous wisteria vines that will be blooming at home just about now.


The original color of the house was pale Mediterranean peach. Or at least most of the house was that color. We had some patching to do, went to the old paint store for more and came home with something that was baby-girl-nursery pink. But now it's all one color.


These photos just don' t do the color justice. I've snapped it from every angle in every light and I still can't get it right. You'll just have to trust me that's it's a heavenly pale violet. Well, think wisteria! I do.

As for the lighter tan walls, they are not as much lighter than the café color. There isn't as much difference that I can see. I didn't want a dark color on the interior walls. I figured that would make the corridors and terrazzo too dark. We'll see when it is finished and dry. Right now the only walls painted in the new color are up on the 3rd floor and it's so bright it's hard to see the difference. Hey! If it's too dark I can always get the lightest shade in this series and repaint next year!

≠≠

The literary world has lost another light with the death of John Updike. I think the first thing of his I ever read was "Couples." I still remember, rightly or not, the scene where the hero is commenting about the mud oozing up between the toes of his intended seducee. I thought at the time, and still think, that is a graphic and sexually charged image!

Meanwhile, it's off to the Casa de las Flores for a few days. I hope Stan has WiFi so I can send you some photos of this charming hide-away.

1 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

It's sad about John Updike and yes, I trust your exquisite taste ~ the purple looks delightful to me in these photos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home