Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Retail therapy

The Patient decided it was time to do some shopping, his very least favorite chore. We drove down to the outlets in Vacaville where he purchased two pair of tennis shoes. End of shopping spree. He does this faithfully every two or three years. I suggested perhaps a new T-shirt or two for the beach. No deal. I, on the other hand, bought four pair of men's boxer shorts at the Banana Republic; I wear them at night so I have something to clip my insulin pump to. Snazzy prints, real cheap.

Then we went to the AAA office in Woodland to stock up on road maps and the new travel book on Mexico. I don't know who "organizes" this publication but it is virtually impossible to use. I wouldn't even know where to begin to rework it. I don't know why we even brought it home. We always stay at the same hotels going and coming, we carry most of our own food so don't seek out trendy restaurants while on the road. It doesn't tell us the things about Mexican towns we want to know, like where and when are the street markets.

The promised rain never showed up in any serious way. A few very brief sprinkles. The sky is heavy tonight, however, so we may get some action yet.

Wild Atlantic salmon for dinner. The Patient had decided this was something he could eat and that appealed. He cleaned his plate.

Last night it was Joan Plowright. Tonight it was Peggy Ashcroft in Caught on a Train. Delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home