Monday, July 16, 2007

the magic carpet

It looks bee-yoo-ti-ful! Clean, mainly. And new. The carpet folks called this morning to tell me that the Grade B padding was not available so they were going to substitute Grade A and was that OK? After a bit of fussing I said, "Well, I guess so." I didn't want them to think they could just substitute anything without a little to-do. I took a couple of pictures but it's just carpet and doesn't look very interesting.

What will be more interesting is the new paint. Max the Painter came over this morning with all his color wheels and charts and chips. We opted for Calm Air - a fine choice for a bedroom, don't you think? This is the shade I saw at Cait's house; a sort of pale honey. Then he will lighten that up a bit to go in the adjoining bathroom. It's going to be calm and serenity all over this place. That will be a nice change.

So between now and at least a week from now our furniture stays out on the front terrace, covered by sheets. And when the paint smell gets too strong we'll move into the guest room. Now what am I going to do with all the stuff from our bedroom that I have piled on those beds in anticipation of the new carpet? Perhaps move it all into the garage? Ah the problems of affluence.

2 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

Photos, we need photos!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger The Fevered Brain said...

Do you really want to see a picture of one more beige carpet? How about waiting for the paint and tile? Much more fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home