Tuesday, October 23, 2007

talk about your bad news

When we got to Alex's I logged on to my email to find a message from the landlady in Florence. Guess what? She tells me the apartment is not available due to some problem "not depending on our willing". What the #%$@ does that mean? And when does she tell me this? Today, as we are almost out the door and onto the plane. She does have an alternative she is willing to offer that is south of the river, four floors up (no lift) and with no internet connection, something I was counting on. I am NOT happy. Oh boy, I am REALLY not happy. But there is really nothing I can do at this late date and from here. I probably will not take my computer after all and therefore all photos will have to wait. Daily blogs, too. Too expensive at a cafe.

Otherwise, easy trip down. Lots of semi's on the road but not much traffic otherwise. Skies over LA basin thick and fragrant with smoke. Whole hillsides blackened. Terrible.

Ciao!

1 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

Oh, no! Awfully early to have that first adventure, isn't it? My best...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home