Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The best little buns in town

These are my favorite Mexican buns, taleras, not always easy to find. I went up to Aberrotes Baby yesterday and put in an order for this morning. There they were, still warm, in a little bag just waiting for me. I brought them home, fired up the toaster, sat down with my coffee and realized I am really here.



This afternoon I will go under the knife of a surgeon from Colima. I have what is called a “sebaceous cyst” which will be removed by a plastic surgeon, Dr. Nestor Baldizon. He comes highly recommended by the (extremely charming) dermatologist I saw yesterday afternoon, Dr. Carlos Seville. I thought while Baldizon is rooting around I might ask for a little nip here, a little tuck there. But probably not.

Tonight is the final night of the Virgin of Guadalupe festival. Big fireworks, lots of bells and whistles (literally), then all the shrines come down. But more about that tomorrow, plus a full report on the new me, unscarred and smooth as a baby's bottom. I wish.

2 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

Smooth nipping today! The buns look delish and your warm and inviting photo yesterday let's us know once again why you so love your 2nd home. We received your cute xmas card, mailed magically from Sacramento, and thank you for that.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

oooooops, editing needed on comment there, but I have to hang lights on our tree...forgive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home