Thursday, February 08, 2007

Still no rain

The weather presenter keeps promising rain but still no rain comes. Perhaps tonightl. I did manage to get in a nice walk this morning. The air was very fresh yet burdened with moisture that had yet to actually materialize to rain. Gardens are beginning to show blooms; jonquils, buds on tulip trees. An almond tree was already in bloom. We're going to miss the height of Spring around here, including our wisteria. We haven't seen it in bloom for years. But I understand from the neighbors that it's quite spectacular.

While the Patient finished up puttering in the garden before the alleged rain comes, I decided to tackle the DMV for my renewed driver's license. Because of my eyes I am on a restricted license that has to be renewed every two years. When I did this in 2005 it took five months to get the damned thing. Today, however, they were very accommodating when I explained that I have to renew it before I go to Mexico as I won't be back until it has expired. Driving with an expired license is NOT a good idea in Mexicok, if only for insurance sake. It's very confusing to them when I try to explain why I can't pass the eye test with one eye but can actually see just fine. The last time the chap giving me the driving test commented that I did very well for a blind person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home