Wednesday, May 16, 2007

feast your eyes, blow your mind



If you have kept up with us you will know that we are planning to retile our Mexican kitchen. Toward that end I purchased "Mexicocina" by Betsy McNair and Melba Levick. WOW! That's all I can say! WOW!

This title is nestled alongside my two other Mexican décor books, "Mexicolor" and "Mexican Tiles." Mexican culture is madly in love with color, design and crafts, and these three books show off all three to their best advantage. I am going to have a very fine time designing my new kitchen! The imaginative use of color, pattern, paint and tile is truly amazing. I'm not sure I would be brave enough to live in some of those spaces. But it's great to dream!

Out to dinner with my at-least-once-a-month-I-don't-gotta-cook group. Il Fornaio in Sacramento. Spaghetti alla Tonino for me. Thin spaghetti with shrimp, scallops, baby octopus, cherry tomatoes, capers and oregano. Delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home