Sunday, April 29, 2007

a new tacito treat

The Patient brought home a new treat from the tacito wagon; lengua de res or beef tongue. I happen to adore beef tongue and was absolutely delight with this surprise. In fact, earlier in the evening, while I was bidding farewell to my Cuyutlán playmate Marie with a glass of vintage Carlo Rossi Red (this is Cuyutlán and we're lucky to get any wine), Fernando showed up and we were talking about the special dishes served at certain times of the year. He mentioned that lengua de res was cooked around Easter and frequently could be found at the tacito wagon. And there it was. Milagro!

As for last night's festivities, the boda concluded with a fireworks display over the ocean at about 3:00 AM; I was awakened by the rockets and stepped out onto our balcony to watch. Beautiful. The quinceñero wrapped up at 7:30 this morning. It's good to be young.

1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

I think I will miss Mexico almost as much as you two will ~ I learned things I would have never known, especially about the culture. Have a slow and safe trip home and thanks for the fantastic posts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home