Wednesday, May 09, 2007

home again, home again

I am exhausted. All I want to do is go to bed, which I plan to do as soon as I press the "Send" button. We tore home from Long Beach in a record-setting 6.5 hours, averaging 68 MPH. It took one hour to get from Alex's to about 1/4 way up the Grapevine; 72 miles in 60 minutes. Don't tell Officer Frederico. For now, let me just say that although the garden is a mess and will take weeks to restore, the house is as neat as I left it and I am very happy to be home. There are two huge bins of mail to go through, but it will still bed there tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

Yeah, welcome home! Your readers were waiting to read the good news. What a horrid drive in one day, but when you are eager to be home, it's the only way. Now pour your coffee in your favorite mug...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home