Tuesday, July 17, 2007

back to jackson

After our ill-fated trip to Jackson a month ago, I had the wit to wait until I knew the tile place was open. And what a place! It is the most unlikely of stores in a most unlikely place. In the back room are shelves and shelves of Mexican tiles; I would guess about 300 different patterns. Dizzying. If you have brain lesions don't go there; you're sure of have a seizure. I am (still) working on the design for my Mexican kitchen. Although I found lots of great stuff there, that's no guarantee I can find the same tiles in Mexico. And I am NOT going to haul those coals to Newcastle! So I must have several alternate designs. No pictures yet. But soon.

On our way home we stopped at a daily farmers' market in Sloughhouse to buy corn, melons, Japanese eggplant, lemon cucumbers, and the biggest (and what turned out to be the toughest) artichoke I've ever seen. But the corn was sweet and very tender and the eggplant creamy and delicious.

The painter comes tomorrow with, I hope, several samples I can slap on the walls to see how they look in various lighting. The room is very large, with a high ceiling and many windows. Again, pictures soon.

Rafa loaned the Patient his chain saw to cut down the huge zylosma along the driveway. His only warning: Don't cut the extension cord. Right. That's on his agenda tomorrow, while I am trying to decide on paint color.

Today is Joseph Edmund Costantini's birthday. He is 9 years old. Happy Birthday Eddie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home